Wednesday, September 08, 2010

There's something in the air. Its an effort. Its a community movement. Its a shared hope. I'm talking of course about football season.
The Saints home opener is tomorrow and its become a pretty big deal.
Admittedly, i'm excited even if i won't be at the dome.

I love the hope that a new season brings. Its different now, of course.
In years past, it was always "wait til next year." And at that moment before the season started, anything was possible. We could become superbowl champs. Silly, right?
For four decades, hope was all we had. And then something changed.

Its a nice inspiration.
I'm still temping. I'd interviewed for a job last week but it didn't pan out. And i was working on a big real estate deal that fell through. These were both pretty dishartening but i've gotta believe i did everything i could and so they must have just not been meant to be.
And i'm looking for a new roommate. With the job prospects not going how i'd like, i need to find someone else to live with me and give me money.
I put an ad on craigslist which is a bit worrisome but i figure people find roomates that way all the time, it should be okay.

Ever want to just press fast forward and see how things are going to work out?
I watch soap operas and sometimes i'll read the spoiler sights to see what happens. I don't want to know how or when, just what.
Then i tune in to see the how and when they get to the what i'm expecting.

Too bad life doesn't have a spoiler site.
Oh wait- i'm pretty sure we all die! Hmm....that's not quite as uplifting as i would have hoped.

No comments: