Rednecks and Mexicans.
I spent this weekend down in San Antonio visiting with Stephanie and Kat. Hanging out with them was nice because i don't get to see them often, the activities however were somewhat of a culture shock.
Saturday i went to Six Flags- Fiesta Texas (Steph works there). Kat came and met up with me when she could and it was pretty fun. So far, so good. Later that night though, the three of us along with a few of Stephanie's friends from work went to a bar called Midnight Rodeo. Yeah. The name pretty much says it. Hicktown-USA. It was incredible. It was a pretty big place with this oval shaped dance floor in the middle and people were dancing around it like it was a skating rink. I of course vowed not to 'two-step' but somehow got suckered into it. First with one of Steph's guy friends- that poor guy! I kept stepping on his feet and then i kept losing my shoes (note to self, sandles are not good country dancing shoes) so he was tripping on them. Well i finally after a few spins around mastered the one-two-three rhythm (i think its the waltz) albeit, moving my lips as i counted the whole time. A little while later though i'm sitting at the bar nursing my tequilla sunrise when a one armed cowboy asks me to dance (he had two arms but one of them was in a sling- i didn't ask him how come.) I tried telling him i was bad at it- to date, the thing i was most bad at in the world was laser tag... i think if possible, i might be worse at country dancing. The one armed cowboy insisted i dance with him, though. I was so worried i'd hit his bum arm that i kept knocking his hat off (very strange dancing with a guy with a wide brimmed hat). Other than that though, it was easier dancing with him than guys with both arms. I was more free. I kind of just did whatever i wanted because he wasn't doing a very good job of leading. I think that's my new thing now. I'm going to start looking for guys with only one arm- that way i can feel like i'm a good dancer.
Yesterday Steph had to work again so Kat and i went downtown. We ended up at a Mexican flea market. It was very colorful. There was lots of music (that i didn't understand) and crafts and food and people. There were a lot of people down there. I was definatley the minority of those people, though. Kat speaks Spanish and so when she ordered something it cost her $2. I ordered the exact same thing and they charged me $3. I did get a cool necklace though.
All in all, crazy weekend. Luckily though both places had the same wonderful thing in common- $2 margaritas! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment