Friday, April 22, 2005

How to Succeed in Buisness Without Really Trying...
So i got a promotion. For months i was an account rep for this one residential account. Then i started doing replacements for all of the residential accounts (a total nightmare- its what happens when we can't fix the computer, we have to replace it. Only its a long, tedious process and none of the clients are terribly happy by the time you speak with them...)
Last week though, i got pulled off replacements (yes!!) to start training on a different residential account. The girl who runs that account is pregnant and when she leaves, i'm taking it over. They had mentioned it to me a while back that when she leaves in August for maternity leave that i might get to run it. Only when she started training me, she told me that she's really planning on leaving in the end of May and she's not coming back (her and her husband are moving back to Maine where they're from) and so i get to take it over permenantly. Its kinda cool but its also kind of scary. Its different than what i was working on before in that this warranty company that we deal with covers printers. Printers are a whole other ball game that i don't know how to approach. Whatever, i guess i'll figure it out. I'm just waiting to see what kind of raise i can get. Probably not enough to quit Dominos altogether but maybe enough to at least knock it down to only once or twice a week. Its crazy how this whole office thing has been working out anyway, its so out of character for me, but lately its sorta of suiting me.
I've been trying to expand my horizons anyway, though.
I've started listening to country- not when i'm alone in the car or anything but i've learned to tolerate it anyway. One of my friends listens to it a lot and plus one of the closing managers i work with and so there's now a few songs anyway that i really like- which is weird because i used to really hate it.
I'm also not generally a sci-fi fan but i've started reading "The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy". So far, so good. Its really funny. The only thing i don't like is all the names- its all these really long words with too many consanants. Why can't the robot from the planet Solarocktov just be called Sam?
So I went to the dentist today (yeah health insurance!) I have five cavaties! I have never had a cavity in my life and now i have five of them. I'm a big wuss too, fillings will not be pleasent for me.
Anyway, i've got this online friend Zach who discovers the most random bands that no one has ever heard of- his most recent discovery that he's passed on to me is Marah (not Carey): www.marah-usa.com
If anyone still reads this thing and has time to let some 'of their stuff download, you should check it out. Its kinda hard to describe the sound but i like it :)

No comments: