Sunday, August 08, 2004

$85 for a note!
So i finally got around to going to a doctor (i just looked one up in the phone book) and they charged me that absurd amount just to see the guy for five minutes and for him to scribble, "may not fly until 8/9/04." Oh well, bought me some time off work.
On this time off i went and saw "Collateral" with my friend Kristin (my oldest friend in the world- she and I go see all of Tom Cruises' movies together.) It was definatly different from most other of his movies (especially the end) but it was entertaining. There were some holes in the plot and the cinematography seemed a bit off but otherwise i think i'd give it a thumbs up.
Anyway last night i went out with four other friends of mine. We went to dinner and to a club and drove around alot. It started out really cool- it was me, two other girls and two guys...then something happened. I became the fifth wheel. Hanging out with just a couple isn't always so bad. At least when you start as the third wheel, you're prepared for it. Fifth wheel sometimes comes out of nowhere. Neither of those couples were or are dating but it was just sorta one of those situations where pairing off occured and as usual i was the odd man out. Now i'm not complaining, its cool for all them and all. It just sucks that those are MY friends and i end up the one left out. Ok so maybe i am complaining....sorry. i just honestly don't know how i keep getting myself into situations like that. Its fine though.
On more positive notes....my dad might be coming up to Chicago to visit. My dad is one of the city's last true die hard Saints fans. He's had season tickets since the Saints started back in the 70s and in that time can count on one hand the number of home games he's ever missed. Well the Saints are playing the Bears in a preseason game at the end of the month. My parents have the same flight benifits as i do and thus far have yet to take advantage of that. It would be cool to go to the game. Now that i've typed it though it probably won't happen. I'm not generally superstitious but i do believe in jinxing. I didn't get that house manager job in Kentucky that i was all excited about and i've convinced myself that the only reason is that i talked about it too much. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with my dad. But there i go being all negative again. I'm going to work on that. I can be very sarcastic sometimes and that's ok so long as i'm not detrementally negative. Um...happy thoughts...happy thoughts...I got my name tag for work. For some reason they take forever to come in usually. So now instead of people being all, "excuse me, ma'am" they can be "excuse me, Taryn"...ok yeah, that was lame. Oh well...i don't think anyone reads this thing anymore anyway so whatever...

No comments: