Monday, June 07, 2004

Taryn's Summer Reading List:
I've been reading alot of ChickLit lately. It all started with "The Devil Wears Prada" and "The Nanny Diaries"- both of which are really good.
I've progressed to Jane Green novels now- "Jemima J", >"Bookends", and "Mr Maybe". They're all really good but the plots are all kinda the same (much like my beloved Nicholas Sparks.)
I've yet to read her "Straight Talking" book or whatever her very newest one is.
Other mindless ChickLit that i plan to read include:
"The Wedding" and "Two Weeks With My Brother" by Nicholas Sparks (the only two books by him that i haven't read yet)
"The Right Address" by Carne Karasyvov and Jill Kargman
"Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho
"Bridget Jones' Diary" (i haven't read the ultimate chicklit book yet)
"Confessions of a Shopaholic" (another classic girl book)
"Lily" by Cynthia Bonner (a romance novel that's out of print but i ordered off Amazon because a friend from high school recomended it)
"Coffee, Tea, or Me?" by Trudy Baker and Rachel Jones (its written by a flight attendant)
There are other novels I intend to read though that aren't "chicklit":
"Live Bait" and "Monkey Wrench" by PJ Tracy (they're mysteries)
"This is Your Life" by John O'Farrell
The Di Vinci Code" (everybody on my plane reads that book!)
"Catch 22" by Joseph Heller (its just one of those books that a person should read)
"The Movie goer" by Walker Percy
"Timeline" by Michael Crighton
"Wicked" and "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" by Gregory Maguire
Currently i'm reading "One More Time". Its Carol Burnette's autobiography. Its really good- much better than Alison Sweeny's autobiography (from Days of Our Lives) which i read before this.
Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions.
The Tony's were on last night. Best new musical went to "Avenue Q". Has anyone heard of that? Its like "Rent" meets Seseme Street. It looks really crazy.
I also saw the new Harry Potter. It was good. Not better than the first two but i definatly thought it was just as good (despite the new director). I also saw Shrek 2 and thought that sequel was equal to the original. Movie tickets in Chicago are $9...that is so crazy!
Anyway...not a whole lot else going on. I'm in Columbus right now. Staying at the Signature Inn- its pretty nice. Guess i'll go to bed...

No comments: